A membership to the Indianapolis Ski Club is required to participate in any club trip and allows the privilege of participating in all club functions. Club meetings (August – April) are open to all members and a club newsletter, The Schussboomer, will be sent to all club members informing them of upcoming trips, social events, and other activities. From time to time, specific discounts for merchandise or travel options may be offered to club members.
A membership to the Indianapolis Ski Club also offers reciprocity to participate in other trips of Midwest ski clubs who are a member of the Ski Councils that we belong to. For more information on these councils and their clubs, reference the information under “Our Partners”.
Membership is renewable annually and is due in August of each year. If you joined after February 28, your membership is good until the end of July of the following year. Acceptance of membership is dependent upon the Board of Directors approval.
Membership types and annual dues are as follows:
- New Member First Year - Dues for an individual or family membership for people who are joining the club for the very first time are waived for the first year.
- Individual – Dues $25. For persons over 21 who desire eligibility for themselves and their children under the age of 21.
- Family – Dues $40. For a household unit of two adults residing at the same address, who desire eligibility for themselves and their children under the age of 21.
- Junior – Dues $5. For individuals under the age of 21 who desire eligibility to participate in club trips under the condition that an adult member of the Club accompanies them and that the appropriate signed permission of their parent or legal guardian is presented to the trip leader.
- Associate – An associate is not a member of the Indianapolis Ski Club but has an active membership in one of our councils’ clubs and desires eligibility to participate in one of our club trips. Proof of membership in the council club must be presented.